A bright or dark vintage hue that’s pleasing to the eye, blue is a color that can complement every interior style. You can create a modern look or retro appeal or anything in between. It can be calming or invigorating, warm and inviting, icy cool and breezy, comfortable and relaxed, whichever suits your preferences. Here’s how to incorporate something blue to make your place more you!
1. Ocean-Inspired. Opt for deeper shades like navy or dark vintage blue for a classic take. Rough-cut wooden ceiling beams are perfect overhead. Hang a seascape view and nautical accents to produce a coastal theme evocative of the pristine waters.
2. Cheer Up. Give your cabinets and storage drawers a fresh coat of paint to elicit a clean and serene space. Dainty, pastel colors and pale shades of blue blend well with a white wall backdrop for a cheery environment where you can cook, dine and entertain.
3. Shine Through. A blue lacquered finish, whether on cabinetry or floor to ceiling paint, adds a rich dimension and unparalleled class to any kitchen.
4. Tech Savvy. Blue paint matched with contemporary stainless steel appliances and modern day conveniences, you achieve best results for high-tech food preparation and casual dining.
5. Feel It. Incorporate various material and elements that add texture, such as kitchen stools with blue fabric cushion, decorative baskets, an elegant carpet, or paint wall surfaces blue.
6. A Hint of Blue. Subtle touches of blue can make a huge difference. Switch to a blue-tiled kitchen backsplash, use blue dining chairs, tableware, or simply place a fruit stand and display some frames in your choice of hue.
7. Multiples. A great color scheme isn’t that hard to pull together, so don’t limit yourself when it comes to styling your kitchen. Mix and match different shades of blue for a kitchen tailored to your own taste and your own distinct personality.
Image: Better Homes & Gardens
Image: Patrick Cline for Elle Decor
Image: Emily Henderson
Image: Becki Owens / Photography: Lindsay Salazar
Image: House Beautiful
Image: Jillian Harris
Image: Addison’s Wonderland
Image: BLAIR HARRIS