concrete fountain is well-suited for modern styles of landscape design
Any fountain, even the most modest size, will become a bright accent in the landscape design . On summer days – it’s a great opportunity to improve the microclimate in the recreation area, because the fountain acts as a natural humidifier, and even at midday near it will be cool and fresh.
Decorative fountains and features of their installation: select the style, space and equipment
Before you build a fountain in the country, it is important to provide to its design in line with the overall style of landscape design, and he himself was proportionate to the site. The larger the area of the plot, the more massive and representative can be a fountain – in the standard of six acres with sculptures of great design and high bumpers will look utterly ridiculous.
Therefore, you should consider the type of terrain:
- classic garden – a garden with a strict, consistent layout perfectly complement the sculptural fountain: the ancient gods, the young maidens, cupids and the Beast
- natural garden – here are appropriate sustained in a naturalistic style of “natural” fountains, geysers, or mini-waterfalls framed by natural stone, pebbles and wood. Or it could be a stylized spring in which a timid trickle of water makes its way through a pile of stones
- modern garden – fountains built of steel and concrete, natural and artificial stone, glass and polymers. This fountain – a well thought-out composition, which emphasize the stylistic affiliation decorative elements, making it rich and interesting. For fountains in the style of minimalism is characterized by thin, thread-like streams of water
- country – it may be a composition of clay jugs and boulders, stylized ancient well. A characteristic element of such fountains often acts mill wheel
should also mention the floating fountains – they can be run in any relatively large body of water. These fountains pump has a special float, so it is free to drift across the surface.
It is important to choose the right place:
- should not be located in the zone of active fountain of the sun – the sun’s rays will provoke the development of microscopic algae, water “bloom”
- when it is not necessary to place near the fountain and tree – the root system can damage the fountain bowl, break, its tightness. In addition, leaves, feathers, seeds and fruits, trapped water will clog filters
- drop of water should not fall on the plants, garden furniture or the walls of the house – excessive humidity can cause damage things and cause death of plants. The recommended distance – at least 50 cm from furniture, walls and plants, but this should be considered an additional stream height and the possibility of separation of moisture by the wind
- closeness power source to connect the pump
The next phase of the fountain – the selection of equipment:
- capacity – for the fountain bowl, you can use ready-made plastic font (size) that provide reliable waterproofing and are frost resistant and durable. For a large fountain will have to prepare and concreted pit manually
- pump – the continuous movement of water flow is provided by connecting the pump. The pump from the cup through the conduit draws water under pressure and injects it into the injector pump thereby acts as a “heart” of the entire system. By way of installing pumps are divided into two types. Submersible (submarine) is mounted in the bowl directly into the water (Figure 1), they take water directly from the water bowl and through a pressure filter is supplied to the nozzle. They are placed on a small hill – it warns from entering the pump sediment. The main advantage of such a pump – easy installation and compact.
Surface pump (Fig. 2) mounted on land, through a filter for the water supply, he sucks in water and then a pressure is applied to the nozzle. The advantage of this approach – the reliability and durability of the pump, as well as ease of maintenance. Pump power is adjusted depending on the desired height of the jet (water flow intensity) of the fountain and existing cup.
- filter – an important detail for a home fountain. From the bowl water in the fountain pump, in most cases, it misses some impurities. If the water is not filtered, the pump will quickly lose efficiency
- lights – adds decorative fountain, especially in the evening
- Receiver – the pressure vessel, the installation of which will ensure the maintenance of constant pressure water entering the nozzle, thereby possible to achieve stable operation of the entire system
If you can not connect to electricity, you can collect a fountain in the country with their own hands without the pump. Its design is based by obtaining the differential fluid pressure. This will require a large capacity, filled with liquid, and the nozzle is mounted on a 0.5 – 1 meter higher than the liquid level. Due to the differential pressure jets of water will be pushed out, but they would rather “sluggish”, are heavily sprayed. This option is ideal for fountains, streams. In addition, the need to constantly monitor the level of liquid, as the water pressure is generated when such a construction is quite low.
An important point – the selection of nozzles. They will help to diversify and transform the fountain, creating a variety of water paintings, forcing the water to flow in the right direction. Passed through the nozzle water is distributed in a certain way, foams, sprays, saturated air.