graceful path of concrete tiles
Garden paths are added section of grooming, elegance and nobility. In addition to purely practical functions, and they are a significant aesthetic value. On the one hand, combining all the buildings, the tracks form a common band. On the other – allow zoned land, highlighting the functional areas: garden, flower garden, farm building, recreation area. When the competent organization of garden paths can correct some of the shortcomings and errors of landscape design.
planning to build a garden path with his hands, several factors should be necessarily taken into account:
- material must endure seasonal temperature fluctuations
- track must be resistant to rot, corrosion, fungus and mold
- ease of care
- planned capacity – it is important to take into account for those cases where the track will cross (cross) car
- track must have a slope to avoid the accumulation of rainwater on the canvas!
Council On a small track part should be straight – twists and turns of optically add depth and space area
Garden paths: select materialto content↑
To create a garden path a variety of materials can be used:
- natural stone – a noble material, status and very expensive. But the path becomes “eternal” because of the strength of the material
- artificial stone – perfectly conveys the beauty, texture and aesthetics of natural stone, but it is much cheaper and easier to laying
- brick – a special clinker (ground), ordinary red or lime (white) will not work, quickly disintegrate in the soil
garden path made of bricks
- Pavement – durable, cold-resistant, durable. This is a popular option with a variety of textures, colors and forms, allowing to show imagination. It can be laid as a mosaic, getting on the track patterns and even pictures
- Bulk track – it is suitable gravel, pebbles, gravel, sand, and even wood chips. This will require a large amount of consumable material, because it gives a significant shrinkage over time. This option is unlikely to suit the central alley, the “soft” bulk path fits into the wild, between Wheelbarrows and the beds, the pool of
- garden paths of the tree – affordable and easy option, but it is very short-lived. Optimal use for these purposes larch – moisture over time it becomes stronger, it is the longest tree preserves the integrity of the structure. The web path can be made of boards or logs, but particularly picturesque and rustic look of the wooden walkway Spila (roundels) – their patterned texture looks particularly impressive. Practical alternative to wooden SPIL may make them concrete imitation of
- concrete path – you can pour the concrete with their hands or ready to lay concrete slabs
- garden parquet – decking, plastic track on the substrate surface are fixed wooden plate, so apparently it looks like wood. Plastic track perfectly keeps its original shape, twist, swell, accumulating water, resistant to the external environment, not moldy and rot. Behind her a look – just enough to hose
For rugged terrain and also for places where walking is not too often approach path of the individual (single) stones. In addition, this option is suitable for cases where the path is very long – to pave its continuous web, will require significant costs. This track is not visible, but it is very decorative, harmonizes well with lawn .
The truth is that it is not completely lost in the grass, “stones” (generic name, it may be tile, cut down a tree or separately, specially flooded concrete, stone) must be wide enough to do. The distance between the individual stones – 50-60 cm (average stride length with a quiet walk).
A significant element of the garden path – a border, which often remains in some shade. On the one hand it gives the paving completeness zone attractive fashioned complementary material covering the track. But much more important than its practical importance – it strengthens and helps to maintain the shape of the track structure.
garden path on the site with his own hands built of paving slabs, experiencing the greatest load in the fall / spring – in the joints, which are inevitable when laying tiles, gets wet and dirt. Expanding upon freezing, it expands the gaps – no curb painting tracks just “gets going”, and tiles will be destroyed. In addition, it helps to evenly throughout the fabric square, and the split load path from overgrowing protects plants.
And, of course, no border can not do if we make garden paths with his own hands from the bulk material – pebbles, gravel, or just sand. In this case, it is, as a constraint, simply will not scatter the material paths in different directions.to content↑
Garden paths using the form: Advantages and technology
popular lately solution – forms for garden paths, allowing his hands to get the canvas that simulate tile (stone). Most of all – it is a special plastic mold (although if you want you can make yourself), representing the number of cells having an arbitrary shape and joined together. They form a certain pattern, wherein the shape is constructed so as to allow a dock between the plates in any direction, to obtain a desired track width, as well as perform rotations (bends), with the joints obtained absolutely indistinguishable.
Manufacturing of garden paths with their own hands with the help of forms has a number of advantages:
- external appeal – separate (mosaic) blocks look more attractive than the monolith concrete screed. Additionally, the concrete can be painted using special dyes, as well as complement the pebbles or pieces of tile, granite, etc.
- reliable – of making the cover yourself, you can be fully assured of its quality
- relative cheapness of – if you compare the total cost, the garden path made of concrete with their hands, obtained with the help of the form, will be cheaper than laying tiles or shingles
An important factor that attracts gardeners – it’s easy to stack, pour a track easier than to lay the tile, the minimum is enough knowledge in the construction of
- on the proposed track width remove the turf, as well as the top layer of soil to a depth of 10-15 cm
- to protect the bottom of the resulting “trough” of weeds, laid roofing (roofing), or folded to 2 times the geotextile
- to make a bed of broken bricks, gravel, gravel or sand
Tip! Before pouring concrete sand cushion must be abundantly shed water. This sand is compacted, and when laying the “cement milk” will not go into the ground and the concrete will not lose in strength
- after pouring the concrete mixture, the form set (recessed) in fresh concrete, dividing it into parts (blocks), repeating pattern. After partial curing can be removed form
- so that the concrete has a more natural look – stone or limestone, in the beginning of its smooth surface, and then create peaks and troughs, using a small kelmochku
- the next day (concrete already seized, but there is still enough loose) of the groove is filled with a solution -. A colored or white
Council Color pigments are best added directly to the solution than to paint the concrete surface – in this case, the color will be more stable and more durable.