It is clear that to create a beautiful wall painting in the form of an image of a picturesque landscape, a city landscape or a fresco is only possible by a professional artist with a lot of talent. It takes years to acquire these skills. Especially for those who want to quickly decorate the walls of their homes, in many construction stores offer a wide selection of wallpaper. In this case, a minimum of time will be required to achieve a given goal.
A stencil is an image cut out on any dense material. There are several options for decorating the wall with a stencil:
- Ordinary painting in one color.
- Combination of different techniques.
- Creating a three-dimensional drawing.
- Decoration in the technique of “reverse” stencil.
Even if the drawing is rather complicated, it takes quite a bit of effort and time to achieve an effective result. What you need to have on hand:
- stencils on vinyl film;
- scissors and knife;
- a paint of a suitable color;
- finishing plaster;
- brush or sponge (if spray paint, you can do without it);
- adhesive for stencils.
In any building supermarket you can find many models of stencils on vinyl film. If the buyer does not like the design of the pictures presented in the sale, it is always possible to order the production of the stencil according to the chosen sketch. Moreover, it is quite realistic to make such blanks with their own hands.
Before you start decorating a wall with your own hands using a stencil, think through such a design that at least some of the elements of the image are connected with the base or the neighboring details . Therefore it is extremely important to create such jumpers. This is necessary so that during the work the pieces of the pattern do not fall out of the workpiece. If you do not have enough of your own imagination, you can find many ready sketches for every taste on the net.
The algorithm of actions:
- The selected figure should be enlarged to the required size.
- Carefully transfer the enlarged image to the prepared material: vinyl film or cardboard.
- Recheck whether all the details of the drawing are kept.
- Carefully cut out all the elements.
- Immediately before work, it is advisable to try to make an impression on paper or a piece of old wallpaper. So you can see if the result corresponds to the taste of the host and correct the shortcomings.
- Then the stencil is attached to the wall surface with the help of glue or paint tape.
- It is necessary to collect on the brush or sponge the minimum amount of paint and evenly color all the elements of the image. If a spray is chosen for painting, care must be taken to ensure that the paint does not fall outside the boundaries of the stencil.
If you want to create a gradient effect, then using white and black ink, the main color is diluted until the desired shade is obtained. The created shades are neatly applied by a sponge from light to dark.
A multicolor stencil makes it possible to create a real work of art. For this purpose, the paints are applied according to a certain pattern.
Beautifully and convex images. Make them very simple. True, the basis of the stencil should be made of thick material. The stencil should be attached to the wall and filled with finishing plaster. It is necessary to wait for some time, until it seizes. Carefully remove the film. After complete drying, the pattern can be painted with acrylic paints.
The technique of applying the “reverse” image is quite simple. An image that is impermeable to paint is attached to the wall, and a halo of the desired shade is applied with the spray paint. The main thing is to calculate the density of the paint and the optimal width of the halo.
In illustrations to Arabian tales one can often see beautiful images of clouds and smoke clubs. How to decorate a wall with your own hands to a person unfamiliar with the art of drawing ? It is very simple, because for the application of this image will require a minimum of materials:
- insulating tape or painting tape;
- brush of sufficient width;
- a paint roller;
- two shades of paint.
Scheme of action:
- The chosen wall should be painted with the main paint.
- After waiting for drying, draw a simple pencil drawing of clouds.
- Paint the adhesive tape (insulating tape) on drawn lines.
- Then it is necessary to apply a thin layer on the wall paint of a different color – it will be an imitation of the half-stained layer.
- Do not wait for the paint to dry completely. After applying the second layer, the tape should be removed and painted with the same paint again.
Not everyone has the opportunity to buy high-quality wallpaper from environmentally friendly materials, but everyone can imitate such expensive finishing with the help of improvised materials. The big plus is that you can choose the shades and colors in full accordance with the overall color scheme of the room. Before decorating the wall with an imitation made with your own hands, prepare:
- 5-centimeter painting tape,
- a can of white paint for a base;
- a paint of three additional shades (olive, brown-green, gray-green);
- ruler (more authentic);
- a simple pencil;
- a paint roller;
- a brush.
Stages of work:
- Walls should be painted white.
- Vertically divide the walls into sections with a width of at least 0,9 m and at the borders apply a sticky tape or tape.
- Prepare additional shades. On a site the paint is put in the certain order across.
- Do not wait for the paint to dry completely. Use a scraper to draw horizontal lines. In the process of work, we should not rush, the main thing is that the line should not be interrupted anywhere.
- To blur sharp outlines along the lines, one should walk with a dry brush in the opposite direction.
- The rest of the sections are decorated in the same way. After drying, the scotch is removed, and the resulting white strips are toned with a sponge in the desired shade.
“Before decorating the walls with your own hands with the help of a panel, plan their arrangement: the panels should in no case be hung out chaotically”
This method of decoration is good in that a beautiful panel can be made from any improvised materials. For this it is necessary:
- different pieces of fabric of any color;
- rectangular frame of foam or plywood;
- any bonding agent;
- decorative planks, moldings or moldings.
Such simple and at the same time spectacular decoration can in an instant revive a boring interior. A monophonic wall is the best background for a decorative panel. In order for the decoration to be combined with the style solution of the room, it is necessary to choose shades that complement the color palette of the interior.
Another good option is the decoration of the walls with the help of baguettes, moldings and unnecessary remains of wallpaper. On the wall are glued pieces of wallpaper of a certain size, and the borders are decorated with decorative slats. This frame is also suitable for making stencil drawings. Many inside of such frames put beautiful photos of large size.
The design options can be varied. You can order in the workshop an exclusive framework for artists and just hang them on the wall, leaving inside the free space. You can also creatively beat part of the wall, enclosed in a frame. Inward it is possible to put:
- a mirror;
- a smaller frame;
- carved from cardboard, cloth, wood letters
- children’s drawings (for the children’s room);
- a composition of dried flowers and leaves
- beautifully designed recipes for cooking your favorite dishes (actual for the kitchen).
By the way, in the latter case, you can use metal molds for baking instead of decorative planks.
Before decorating the walls with your own hands with the help of a panel, plan their arrangement: the panels should in no case be hung out chaotically. Such an ill-conceived conglomeration does not decorate the room. The collection of decorative panels needs a certain rhythm and sequence of arrangement, so the composition should be well thought out.
“Before you decorate the wall with your own hands, you should carefully select the photos, and choosing the pictures for the design of the room, you need to consider the atmosphere and overall design of the room”
This design of the walls gives the room a pleasant atmosphere of comfort and hospitality. It is not only beautiful, but also useful for the inner state of the soul. Staying in such a room raises the mood and adds strength, because the photos are filled with the faces of their loved ones and the most pleasant moments of life.
Of course, the design of the room dictates the style of placing photographs. Do not buy a dozen identical frames for all the images and place them one by one on the wall. It’s boring and uninteresting. Much better looks composition from the framework of a round and rectangular shape in different sizes.
The form of the composition can be any. Looks great collection of photos, decorated in the form of the sun. Making such a composition is easy. All you need is clothespins and a large circle, cut from cardboard. Such a sun can be supplemented with different postcards, notes and other small things, memorable for you.
In the conjugal bedroom above the bed, you can hang a big heart and attach the best pictures to it. Such an ornament will always remind you of the wonderful moments spent together. Of course, we constantly need to update and supplement the “exhibition” with new photos.
Fine non-ordinary variants – decorative tree with a photo and composition from the images in the form of a clock
Before decorating the wall with your own hands, you should carefully select the photos, and choosing the pictures for the design of the room, you need to consider the atmosphere and overall design of the room. Romantic photos will be a good option for decorating the bedroom walls, the living room is the best place for common family photos, and the sparkling photos will decorate the children’s room.
Now in any decor and interior store you can find a huge variety of decorative plates for exclusive decoration of the room. The spectrum of thematic drawings on plates is quite wide, which makes it possible to decorate any of the living rooms. This decor is especially beautiful on the walls of the kitchen, dining room and living room. But offices, conference rooms and creative clubs are also not taboo.
Decorative plates can be made with their own hands, using for this purpose the remnants of dishes from grandma’s times and acrylic paints. If you can not draw, copy the image to a plate using special paper. Owning the technique of decoupage is especially fortunate, they can create real masterpieces.
Do not recommend placing decorative plates in one line. Harmonious look bright compositions from plates of various shapes and sizes. Among the most popular forms are compositions that resemble a cloud, flower, rhombus or clock.
The color scheme of the plates should correspond to the interior of the room, and the chosen style should be repeated in other decor elements.
Everyone in the house has a myriad of expensive things that are precious to the heart and overseas souvenirs. Why not use them as decorations on decorative shelves made by own hands?
The main trump of decorative shelves is an unusual form. It can be a labyrinth, a circle with crossbeams, a triangle, a butterfly-shaped shelf. An interesting option is a decorative shelf in the form of a frame with a built-in stand for a flower pot or souvenirs.
No house can do without a mirror, but if a representative of the fair sex lives in it, then there can be many such interior items. Therefore, women are very attracted to the idea of decorating the walls with mirrors.
They can be placed in several lines horizontally or vertically, suspended in a chaotic order or decorate them with the entire surface of the wall. Begin to act, and inspiration will come. It is not necessary that the mirrors have a strict geometric shape. The use of mirrors of different sizes and shapes is welcome. They can be placed in decorative frames. For the girl’s room, the most suitable option is a collection of elegant mirrors on strings or chains.
Angles should not be empty and faceless. But those who have ever tried to decorate the surfaces of walls on their own, come to the opinion that corners are the most difficult place for decoration. It is not worth worrying, many professionals fully agree with this point of view. But this is a winning place for any decor, and correctly selected details will make an unremarkable corner an original part of the interior. Designers offer the most original ways of decorating corners:
- angular photographs;
- decorative baguettes;
Such elements can be made into an effective composition or used separately. A small gallery of paintings or photos will revive an empty corner. But do not overdo it. Let the angles remain slightly unfilled rather than overloaded.