Kitchen aprons (wall panel above the working area) is made from ceramic tiles, plastic, mosaic, artificial stone, MDF and other materials. Glass has properties that make this material ideal for kitchen design.
The advantages of apron glass
Installation of backsplash glass provides:
· beautiful appearance of the kitchen work area;
· a wide range of design solutions;
· the ability to install lighting and sockets;
· the possibility of installation and replacement of panels with their hands.
Glass apron has no joints, which quickly become clogged with dirt. They are easy to wash, and the widespread belief that on the glass more visible stains from dried water, not true. Glass backsplash transform your kitchen, making it elegant and bright.
What kind of glass is suitable for the apron?
The benefits of glass:
· does not absorb moisture and is not afraid couple;
· resistant to chemically active substances;
· does not change its properties with time;
· does not scratch.
For kitchen panels will not fit any glass. It should be:
· with a thickness of 6 mm;
Tempered glass is not afraid of differences of temperatures, has greater strength and virtually no beating.If it still breaks, it shatters into small fragments with rounded edges.
Ordinary glass has a greenish tint, noticeable on a light surface. On discolored glass look great drawings of any tones. Depending on the design used matte or transparent panel.